The Stair Barrier: It’s the only gate on the market designed specifically for the bottom of the stairs and the only gate designed to be installed banister-to-banister or banister-to-wall.
About Stair Barrier:
Developed by Janelle Fitzpatrick to keep her own children and pets off the stairs in an attractive way, Janelle embarked on producing her fabric safety gate in the U.S. two years ago and in January 2015, started selling The Stair Barrier direct to consumers. Janelle’s Martha Stewart American Made Nominee profile offers great background on her and her company.
Watch this video to see the Stair Barrier in action:
Great features of the Stair Barrier:
- Easy installation, easy to stow.
- Banister-to-Banister is not permanent–it’s easy to travel with (lightweight- 6 lbs) and there is the option to purchase a travel bag.
- Option to choose a fabric that matches your home.
- The Stair Barrier Indoor-Outdoor is made with weather and mildew resistant fabric to easily gate off an outdoor deck or front porch.
- Option to personalize certain Stair Barrier Products.
- Custom Order department will work to design a Stair Barrier to fit your unique and hard to gate width.
- Most gate injuries are caused by the weight of the gate falling on children. With the Stair Barrier, there are no bars or top rail for children to leverage their weight. It is far more difficult to climb. There are vertical plastic struts that are built internally into the structure to keep children from lifting or pulling down.
- Proudly made in America with American made materials.
- The majority of our fabrics are weaved with Repreve (recycled water bottles).