This is one of my FAVORITE times of the year- National Donut Day! Everyone loves donuts so why not have a day to celebrate them?
For the sixth consecutive year, Entenmann’s® and The Salvation Army are partnering to celebrate National Donut Day and the rich heritage behind it! To celebrate in 2016, Entenmann’s® is rolling out the NEW Entenmann’s® Rich Frosted Party Sprinkled Donut, an iconic treat made just for National Donut Day 2016. The Rich Frosted Party Sprinkled Donut combines the classic fan favorite, the Rich Frosted Donut, with a splash of colorful party sprinkles.
As a part of the National Donut Day festivities, Entenmann’s® will be hosting a “Win Free Donuts for a Year” Facebook sweepstakes starting April 1st, awarding 10 Grand Prizes winners one year of free Entenmann’s donuts at the end of the Sweepstakes period, July 2, 2016. In addition, 100 of those who enter will be selected to win National Donut Day Party Pack Prizes, which include everything they need to throw their own National Donut Day party at home!
To Win YOUR own prize pack, go HERE– hurry, it ends 5/30!
For every consumer (fan or not) that enters the Facebook “Win Free Donuts for a Year” sweepstakes, $1 will be donated to The Salvation Army, up to $35,000! Fans can learn more about the Sweeps and see the official rules by going to Entenmann’s® Facebook page. Check it out here!
Check out these National Donut Day Facts:
- National Donut Day commemorates the “donut lassies,” female Salvation Army volunteers who provided writing supplies, stamps, clothes-mending, home-cooked meals, and of course, donuts, for soldiers on the front lines.
- With limited resources, these treats were fried, only seven at a time. The Salvation Army’s Ensign, Margaret Sheldon and Adjutant Helen Purviance, cleverly thought of frying donuts in soldiers’ helmets. Approximately 250 Salvation Army volunteers provided assistance to American soldiers in France, starting in 1917 during WWI.
- Entenmann’s® Bakery produces more than 780 million donuts a year to keep up with the demands of Entenmann’s donut lovers nationwide.
- The Rich Frosted Donut has been Entenmann’s® #1 seller since its introduction in 1973.
- The Salvation Army is located in more than 120 countries worldwide. In 2015, nearly 30 million Americans received assistance from The Salvation Army’s 3,500 officers, 60,700 employees and 3.5 million volunteers.