Shakshuka-inspired Italian Eggs:
- 1/8 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 spicy Italian sausage, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- black pepper, garlic powder, salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Carrington Farms garlic flavor coconut cooking oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 oz parmesan cheese
- Spray small pan with Carrington Farms coconut oil cooking spray.
- Heat over Low-Medium heat.
- Sauté onions and sausage for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and season to taste then stir everything together.
- Crack eggs into the sauce and season again if desired.
- Sprinkle the basil and cheese around the eggs.
- Top the yolks with Carrington Farms garlic flavor cooking coconut oil and cover with lid until the whites set, about 1 minute. Enjoy!
(From the chef: I use the oil this way in this recipe because it helps cook the top faster without compromising the bottom, not to mention a great way of getting those healthy fats in without losing them to the pan.)
Granola Berry Parfait:
- 6 ounces Yogurt (yogurt of choice)
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ½ cup Viki’s Granola
- Place 2 ounces of yogurt into a tall glass.
- Pour a 1/3 of granola evenly on top of the yogurt.
- Place 2 ounces of yogurt on top of the granola.
- Add raspberries.
- Add remaining 2 ounces yogurt and granola on top.
- Serving Size: 2
- 1 ½ cups organic rye flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- ¼ cup finely ground pine nuts
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup organic sugar cane
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup Gaea Organic extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease the pan
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, sea salt, baking powder and pine nuts
- Next, mix the lemon zest into the sugar cane
- In a separate bowl mix the zesty sugar cane with 3 eggs for about 2 minutes, then add the lemon juice, Greek yogurt and Gaea olive oil
- Combine both bowls and pour the batter into the cake pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Which one is your favorite?