At the end of the week I love getting out of the house for a fun filled afternoon, and so do my dogs. Just like us, they love to experience new things and see new places. If you haven’t had the chance to bring your dog along with you on an adventure – do it! After witnessing the tongues-out-bliss on your pet’s face you will never want to leave him/her behind again!
There are so many reasons why your dog loves to ride in your car and dozens of pet friendly places you can take him/her along the way. Crank up the air, roll the windows down, and break in your new car with one of our five fun-filled places to take a pet vacation — long or short!
- Go to the Beach! Kickoff your summer with a weekend drive to the ocean with your dog. He/she will love the waves, different smells, and exploring. Our babies can’t get enough of the waves and tide pools. We love to go to rocky shorelines because they offer dogs the greatest opportunity to climb and explore.
- Camping is fun for everyone! Camping is a lot of fun because it gives your dog the opportunity to be social with other dogs on the trail or in the campground. Most visitors of campgrounds have dogs that are accustomed to walking among other pets and are very social. If your dog is a social butterfly, camping may be the best summer trip you take this year! Load your gear in the back of your truck and let Buddy ride shotgun!
- State Park/Trail. When all you have is an early afternoon away from work, head to your local State Park for a great run or hike. New smells are often your dog’s favorite thing and other animals are on the move after the long winter. Your baby will have plenty to see, smell, and experience during an afternoon hike!
- Visiting Friends or Family. If your furbaby loves when your best friend or siblings come over, wait until you see her excitement when she makes it to their house! Do you remember what it was like the first time you visited a friend at their home? It is fun to see how they decorate, what their furniture is like, and to get a glimpse of who they are from their very own living room – your dog thinks so too! So long as the homeowner allows, take your pet with you for a visit!
- Go for a drive! You just got your new car and all you want to do is drive, drive, drive! Share your new baby with your fur baby so she can be a part of the experience too. This will help her learn about the new sounds she hears when you come home. Like the new way the door closes, how quiet your engine is, and the alarm confirmation when you lock the doors; believe it or not, your pet remembers all of these things and looks forward to hearing them every day. Help her put the pieces together for a solid memory by letting her get to know your new car – while you drive, drive, drive!