Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
I love desserts and baking. I like all kinds of decadent treats, and so does my family. There are constant requests for all manner of yummy treats including cheesecakes and cookies from my husband and children. Then I tried this recipe, and it became an instant favorite. My husband ate most of it by himself over a few days. We all got a piece, but then it was gone all too quickly.
This recipe is easy to create, and requires ingredients that are usually on hand in the pantry. You can change the cake mix to a chocolate mix if you are a major chocolate lover. This recipe is perfect for me because I like hints of chocolate, but not when it is over powering. Many would disagree and my family thinks I am strange. I just love the way this cake has subtle chocolate flavor, and then you bite into a chocolate chip and it is heavenly. You can also add 1/2 cup of nuts to this recipe. My husband has nut allergies, so I did not add them.
What you will need:
- 1 butter cake mix
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1- 12 ounce bag of chocolate chips
- 1 cup sour cream
What you will do:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a bundt pan with a non stick spray.
- First you will mix together the first five ingredients (dry cake mix, dry pudding, water, oil, and the eggs). Blend well, I used a stand mixer.
- Then add in the sour cream and the chocolate chips. I just blended till it was incorporated, because I did not want my chips chopped up from over mixing.
- Pour your mix into the bundt pan.
- Bake for fifty minutes or until done.
After you pull it out of the oven let it cool off some. Then flip it onto a platter. Slice it while it is warm and serve with vanilla ice cream for an amazing dessert that is easy and delicious, yet fancy enough for a dinner party or event.
Impress your family, and make this Chocolate Chip Pound Cake today!