A child can never have too many books, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t get messy!
My toddler’s latest is that he can take a stack of books, and read for a while, but he never puts them back. We have a tiny place, and no space for a bookcase, so we had the books in his room. We’d take a stack to our sofa, and they’d end up all over the place. Not only was the mess frustrating, but I’d constantly find myself fixing up those books.
Our Tidy Books bookcase quickly solved that problem, while taking up almost no valuable floor space!
About Tidy Books:
Our story begins with a 3-year-old girl, Adele, and her mom, Geraldine. One day, when Adele pulled out all her books from the shelf looking for a special book, Geraldine knew her girl needed a better bookcase.
What Adele’s mom put together is the perfect solution for families like ours as well! This forward-facing bookcase is roughly three inches deep, making it an ideal solution for small homes like ours. My toddler has learned so many lessons from it – and I’m talking about the bookcase now, not just the books!
He’s learned to be independent, to choose from a wider selection, to clean up after himself, and even to choose his own activity! Since I’m in my third trimester of pregnancy with my second now, I am constantly exhausted and lying down. I placed this bookcase in my bedroom, and he goes on his own and decides to read while I lie down. It’s truly been a lifesaver for me.
Features of the Tidy Books Bookcase for children:
- The Tidy Books bookcase includes the option designed with 3D letters attached. What an appropriate design for a product that helps promote literacy!
- It’s made from bass wood and not MDF, making it much more durable.
- Holds up to 85 kids’ books forward facing. I discovered that thin paperbacks such as The Berenstain Bears books fit much, much more, while board books fit much fewer. It makes sense as a single page from the board books can be as thick as the paperbacks.
- Dimensions are 45.2 inches high x 30.3 inches wide x 2.7 inches deep. It sits slightly detached from the wall at an angle, so it does take a bit more floor space, but it still hardly has a footprint in our room!
- With little maintenance, it still looks nice and “tidy” in our home, much more so than a regular bookcase.
- Mounts to the wall to avoid toppling.
- It’s available in four different fun colors (light blue, light pink, white, and natural.) We really enjoy the light and airy natural color!
My toddler can reach the top shelf of it, and can easily switch out books on his own. He’s been reading much more since we assembled it! Other perks include free delivery, a seven-year guarantee, and no quibble returns.
We are really enjoying our Tidy Books bookcase! If you are looking for a great way to encourage reading, while allowing your child to play independently, this is a fun, aesthetic solution.
Follow along with Tidy Books:
15% off for MDR readers! Use code: MDR15