Join Us April 17 — 23rd for International Turtle & Tortoise Week!
International Turtle & Tortoise Week (ITTW) is a week celebrating turtles and tortoises, highlighting the plight of many of these species and those working to save them. Join us to learn how you can get involved and help preserve turtles and tortoises around the world.
The mission of the Turtle and Tortoise Preservation Group (TTPG) is to ensure survival of the world’s turtles and tortoises through captive breeding. The TTPG supports the private ownership of chelonians and recognizes the substantial role that the private sector has played in the captive breeding and conservation of turtles and tortoises.
Be sure to check out our Stuffed Turtle Giveaway in honor of International Turtle & Tortoise Week HERE.
About Russian Tortoises:
Russian tortoises are a great choice for intermediate to advanced tortoise keepers. This species stays small and are very tolerant of cooler temperatures. These personable tortoises are friendly and do well in small groups. As with all turtles and tortoises, purchasing this species is a long-term commitment.
- Common Name: Russian Tortoise
- Scientific Name: Testudo horsfieldii
- Distribution: Russia, Ukraine, Pakistan and Western China
- Size: 6-10″
- Life Span: up to 40+ years
What do they eat?
- Russian Tortoises require a high fiber, low protein diet.
- Zoo Med’s Grassland Tortoise Food™ is an excellent choice of maintenance diet because it offers long stem grasses that are similar to foods available in the wild.
- It is essential to supplement your tortoise’s diet with ReptiCalcium® and ReptiVite™ as directed to provide balanced nutrition.
- Fruits should not be offered because natural fruit sugars can cause health problems.
- Other quality foods for your tortoise: grasses, kale, clover, hibiscus leaves and flowers, alfalfa, hay, red leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, rose petals, and sow thistle to name a few.
Zoo Med- #1 Reptile Products Worldwide- is Celebrating TTPG Week!
After three years of celebrating World Turtle Day, we realized that one day is not nearly enough to appreciate Turtles and Tortoises. To remedy this, Zoo Med Labs has teamed up again with the Turtle and Tortoise Preservation Group (TTPG) and we are excited to announce the 1st annual International Turtle and Tortoise Week! We would like to invite you to join us for a full week of appreciating, understanding, and celebrating the turtles and tortoises of the world between April 18-22.
Want to learn more about reptiles? Check out Zoo Med’s Care sheets HERE.
Check out all the Zoo Med Supplies on Amazon!