“What’s the secret of her flawless skin?
Is it her genes or some magic trick?”
That beautiful, elegant and radiant face like she stepped straight out of the harlequin romance novels is the kind of innate beauty that every girl dreams of. The kind to make that special someone fall head over heels. The kind to leave everyone green in envy and compel them to guess your beauty secret. The young maidens spared no effort to pin down this elusive dream: gave up on their favorite munchies & sweets, gulped down the bitter potions, tried their luck with the grandma’s age-old tips, and paid for numerous dermatologist visits and yet ended up with the eternal dismay.
My dear girls, it’s the time to get familiar with the hottest runway trend- ‘Au Naturale Look’, a step in a fresher and feel-good direction. Easy to pull off in the real life, this extremely wearable trend is all about imitating the natural glow and looking darn pretty. To achieve this barefaced look, your skin needs some love, care, and… yes, the modest makeup. Below cited are the beauty tricks to make you a pro of no-makeup look:
The ‘Au Naturale look’ is about concocting illusions of the unscathed complexions. Focus on the below-mentioned steps to prep your skin for natural luminescence:
- Clean– I cannot help but emphasize that the key for achieving the flawless makeup is the fantastic skin preparation. Clean with an exfoliating cleanser that will rid you off the uneven, dry and flaky skin so that you won’t need much makeup fix.
- Moisturize– Marinate your skin in moisturizer an hour before makeup application for that natural dewy look. If your skin is parched, settle for an intensive hydrating cream, but if you are the one with oily skin, go for the oil-free moisturizer. And yes, spraying rose water or vitamin C face mist works wonderfully for this natur-o-glam look.
- Prime– From decades, beauty experts are yelling “not to Prime is a Crime” and my dear friend, they’re not exaggerating! This understated step eliminates you from the most dreaded- the obvious foundation streaks, noticeable pores, redness around the nose, fine lines, and wrinkles, and create a flawless canvas for your foundation to stick to.
- Base– For a natural look, steer clear from heavy textures and any hint of iridescence. Go for the tinted moisturizers or much-popular BB creams that disguise any skin imperfections & pigmentation, and give a much more natural finish. If you are not the brush person, use your fingers and the key is to dab (don’t rub!).
- Conceal– For camouflaging those little red spots, patches, dark marks, under-eye circles or the unexpected zit, blob a bit of concealer wherever required. Be mindful that the concealer you’re using disappears against your skin tone else it’ll look like a muddy patch. And never apply the face powder to the areas you want to glow.
- Blend– The last step to the flawless base is blending. This way you’ll evict any patchy colors, textures and foundation smudges. Take care of the sides of your face; they are the parts you unconsciously neglect. And girls, the finer you’ll blend, more natural it looks!
#Faux Flush on Your Cheeks
Now that you’ve got the flawless base, it’s time to add a hint of color. Want to flaunt that ‘I just ran a three blocks’ soft flush? Follow these:
- Blush Choice: Stick to the flesh-colored tones that are made for the low-key glam. Crème or gel-based blushes are ‘the’ choice as they ensure dewiness without going over the top. The tinted lip balm also looks fantastic for the purpose.
- Apply Well: Keep the blush confined to the apple of your cheeks. That’s the area where you naturally blush. Blend well to tone down the intensity until it melts into the skin. Never rub it or you’ll end up looking like a clown.
- Impart a Stroke of Luminosity, If You Wish: Grab a subtle highlighter to add a touch of luminosity to your cheeks
#Supple Lips for Glam Pout
As the chapped lips are the instant no-no, keep them hydrated with a lip balm. To keep your lips stain-bitten without going overboard:
- Lip Stain Choice: Look for the shades that are softer than red and deeper than pearls. It is best to match with your blush to retain the natural look. Go for the gel-based lippies; they last more!
- Apply Well: Swipe some conditioner on your lips and then, apply the lipstick by blotting it to the centre of your lips and patting it outwards with the fingertips. You are done with the natural-looking stain. * Pout Baby*
#Look Awake With Bright Eyes
Keep your eyes fuss-free with the minimalistic eye makeup. Complete the pretty picture with the wide-open eyes:
- Pluck Your Brows: Keep the brows strong to impart some structure to your facial features by tweezing, trimming and brushing them up a little. And yes! stay away from eyebrow pencils.
- Shade Your Lids: Shove off your dark liners, girls! Apply the eye shadow from the neutral palettes to enhance the natural contours without overdoing it. Brush it to the creases and the lower lash line till there are no hard edges. If you want extra definition, dot some gray or brown eye pencil between the top lashes.
- Inner Corner: Dust some iridescent powder or white liner to the inner corner of your eyes (tear ducts) for the larger-looking-eyes effect.
- Lashes: For a natur-o-glam look, switch to the transparent mascara. It’ll boost the lashes without showing much.
#Disheveled Hair or Bed-head Maybe
Thinking about hair? Good news girlies! This time, you don’t have to spend hours doing your hair. The look is all about not being at your perfect self and yet feeling incredibly beautiful. Just don’t skip on your cleaning and conditioning regime for the fresh, tousled mane.
Along with all this, drink plenty of water, take your beauty sleep, and don’t miss out on your cleaning-toning-moisturizing regime. Try these beauty tricks now and become a true trifecta of modest beauty. Carry the look with a bit of oomph and loads of confidence and you may catch the eye of that person you have been admiring from afar!
Ankit Gupta works for ExportersIndia.com and holds keen interest in beauty blogging. He has in-depth knowledge of beauty care products, which is evident in several of his beauty related articles and posts. You can follow him on Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.