Spring is FINALLY here! Although, no one told New England- we keep getting snow! I can’t wait for the green to start bursting through the mulch in our rock garden! My Hubby can’t wait for the lawn to start greening up so he can make it look fabulous!
Here are some great Lawn Care Tips that will help you have a lawn that EVERYONE will want!
1. Spring cleanup: Before you beautify, clear away debris, such as dead, downed branches, which can wreak havoc on lawn equipment and suffocate grass. If cold and wind have damaged tree or shrub branches, prune back to live stems. To cut through small- and medium-sized tree limbs with ease, use a chainsaw, such as the Craftsman 24 Volt Chainsaw, which provides high-performance cordless power.
2. Aerate your lawn: After cleaning up, aerating – or poking small holes in your lawn – is a great way to improve oxygen circulation and nutrient penetration. Consider ventilating your lawn with spiked shoes or aerating tools.
3. Fertilize: General lawn maintenance recommends fertilizing in the fall before weeds can leave their seeds for the next year and again in the spring. Feeding your lawn in the spring strengthens roots and gets it off to a good start before the heavy growing season ahead.
4. Overseed this spring: After applying fertilizer, overseeding your lawn can help revitalize grass and cover bald spots.
5. Neaten up hardscaping surfaces: When it comes to the perfect lawn, the details count. Ensure the edges of patios and paths are well defined with a trimmer, which will allow you to go where a mower won’t. Lightweight trimmers, such as the new Craftsman 24 Volt Line Trimmer, which has a rotating steel shaft with seven different pivoting cutting head positions, will let you trim even the most difficult-to-reach spots.
About the Line Trimmer:
Create perfect edges along your landscaping with the Craftsman 24V MAX Li-Ion 12″ Cordless Line Trimmer. With an extra long reach, this cordless line trimmer is easy to maneuver and allows you to trim where your mower can’t reach. The lightweight steel shaft rotates and the head pivots, so you can effortlessly move along straight and curved borders and create clean cuts. A retractable flower guard keeps your garden safe while you trim, and the soft touch support handle with cam lock is quick and easy to adjust. The angled forearm pad supports you and provides greater balance during long tasks. The cordless line trimmer comes with a DieHard® lithium-ion battery and a 70 minute charger that work with all other Craftsman 24V Max* Li-Ion Lawn and Garden tools.
6. Mow the lawn: A freshly mowed lawn is one of the most prominent features of a well-manicured yard. Owners of large terrains should consider riding mowers to make the job more enjoyable. One option, the new Craftsman Pro Series 24 HP V-Twin 46 in. Riding Mower, features electric power steering, making steering 40 percent easier while maintaining high maneuverability when navigating the lawn. It’s also equipped with Turn Tight Extreme Technology, offering the tightest turning radius in the industry at five inches, saving mowing time and making turning easier.
About the Craftsman Pro Series 46″ 24 HP V-Twin Kohler Power Steering Riding Mower with Turn Tight® Extreme:
The New Craftsman Pro 24 HP* V-Twin Kohler 46”Riding Mower is built to perform and built to last with Turn Tight® Extreme and Electronic Power Steering.With the addition of electronic power steering, the rider is as easy to turn as your power steering equipped car. A Craftsman Exclusive, Turn Tight® Extreme technology, provides the tightest turning radius in the industry on non-zero turn riding mowers with the ability to achieve a 5″ turning radius. A powerful V-twin Kohler 7000 Elite Series engine runs smooth for a comfortable operation. Kohler Consistent-Cut™ technology excels in tall grass, and hilly terrain, for the perfect cut. The Kohler Elite Series engines feature a pro-grade oil and fuel filter for longer engine life, and a platinum spark plug for more reliable starting.
Do you have any tips for keeping your lawn looking great? Let us know in the comments below!