This post was made possible by iConnect: Influencer Management and Pampers. I received compensation and complimentary product, but all opinions are 100% mine.
Trying to exercise in the same room with a crawler/toddler can be more exhausting than the actual exercise. Instead of fighting for personal space while exercising, try exercising with your baby instead. Doing so will make exercise much more fun for you and your baby.
Before you begin, plan on exercising when your child is well rested, not hungry, and with a fresh diaper. The diaper is important because a poor fitting, or a saggy diaper, can limit babies’ freedom of movement making exercise less fun for both of you. If you are having trouble with your baby/toddler’s diaper moving with them, consider switching to a movement-friendly option instead. New Pampers Cruisers have three channels in the core of the diaper that help distribute wetness evenly and prevent diaper sag, helping babies move without restriction – helping babies go from sag to swag.
5 Ways Mom & Baby Can Exercise Together
1) Playground fun! Having fun with your baby on the playground, or on playground equipment at home, is working more muscles than you may realize. It takes arm, leg, and core strength to hold baby on low bars or while they jump.
2) Babywearing. Adding the weight of your baby will increase the amount of calories you burn while doing everyday tasks. Babywear your child while walking, volunteering, and doing household chores to burn 10%+ more calories than you would without baby in tow!
3) Stretching. Stretching is important to your flexibility and movement, making chasing a toddler much easier. Stretching with your baby should become a daily routine. As your child ages (toddler) they will enjoy their stretching time with you more, even mimicking your movements (which is always adorable).
4) Dancing. There is nothing more fun than dancing with a toddler AND it is a great way for the entire family to burn extra calories together.
5) Baby Weights. Lifting weights around a infant and or toddler is too dangerous and it can be impossible to find the time to do it during any other time of the day (there are so many other things you could be doing instead….). Use baby as your “weights” for arm exercises and as additional weight during leg lunges (front carry babywear for lunges and squats). (*Note: Unlike free-weights, you should not “push through” any movement you do not have complete control of while holding or wearing baby.)
Are you bothered by Sag?
Following a recent survey, Pampers found that more than 80% of moms who notice sag are bothered by saggy diapers, and that more than three-quarters of moms (78%) feel that saggy diapers can weigh their baby down. The three channel absorbent core design in new Pampers Cruisers responds to this parent insight and represents four years of research and development.
Pampers diapers have three layers of protection and a thin core to help lock away wetness and provide up to 12 hours of protection. Pampers Cruisers feature fun Sesame Street® character designs and include wide, stretchy sides to help the diaper stay in place and flex comfortably with baby’s every move, for Pampers best fit.
Diapers for Needy Families
Did you know that diapers are the one need for baby that isn’t covered by any needy assistance programs? Can you imagine how difficult it must be for some families to buy diapers each week? As part of Pampers commitment to supporting the happy, healthy development of each baby and making life #BetterforBaby, Pampers will make a diaper donation at each Pampers Cruiser stop, continuing the brand’s mission to provide millions of diapers for families in need each year.
Learn more about the new Pampers Cruisers at Pampers.com