Be noteworthy this school year with Surface 3.
- Take notes, write directly on the screen, and even record a lecture at the same time. With up to 10 hours of battery life for video playback, Surface 3 lasts through your movie marathon (or all your classes).
- The optional Surface Pen feels just like an actual pen so it’s easy to draw, take notes, or write music. It’s the digital writing experience you’ve dreamed about.
- One click to OneNote: With a click of the Pen, a blank OneNote sheet is available for quick notes or sketches, even if Surface is asleep.
- Drawboard PDF App: Ideal for replacing pen and paper – avoid having to print documents ever again, making annotating PDFs a breeze. Open existing PDFs, create a new PDF, annotate using an extensive array of tools, and save back as a compatible PDF. Whether you’re on the road, in the office or at home, Drawboard PDF makes your annotation workflow the best it’s ever been.
Surface Back-to-School Survey Findings:
Check out this great infographic! Would YOU ditch your date for your device??
Finding #1: A student’s laptop/tablet is vital to their success in school – nothing is more important.
Students would prefer to give up anything over their laptop or tablet for a week while in school, including their significant other. They also chose technology over caffeine, junk food or personal transportation. This is an interesting media hook, as it was surprising and held true with students surveyed globally.
- Global: 42 percent said they couldn’t live without their laptop or tablet for a week, while only 32 percent said they couldn’t live without their significant other.
- North America: 51 percent couldn’t live without their laptop or tablet for a week, while only 30 percent couldn’t live without their significant other and 29 percent couldn’t live without their personal transportation.
Finding #2: Students prefer to take notes by hand vs. on a laptop.
- The majority of students worldwide prefer taking notes by hand, including 61 percent of students in the U.S. and 83 percent in the UK. This stat can be tied to Surface Pen. While students prefer to take notes by hand globally, with Surface Pen they can still have that experience while bringing it into a modern medium to easily create more dynamic and accessible notes, including adding audio and video recordings in OneNote.
Global: 94 percent of students surveyed own a laptop, but only 26 percent take notes on it. 48 percent of students surveyed own a tablet, but only 13 percent take notes on it. 62 percent of students still prefer to take notes by hand…luckily, Surface + Surface Pen = pen and paper for the modern world.