Don’t miss my Interview with Rebecca Scritchfield, RD about Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit
Did you know that Zespri Kiwifruit isn’t just green? They have a delicious SunGold Kiwifruit that is nutritious and delicious! I had the opportunity to interview Rebecca Scritchfield, RD about this amazingly fun fruit and how t0 add some color and fun into your kids’ meals!
About Rebecca Scritchfield:
Rebecca Scritchfield, MA, RDN, HFS is an expert on the connection between health and happiness and believes the foundation for a long, happy life lies in enjoyable habits. A registered dietitian, nutritionist, and health fitness specialist, Rebecca helps clients and others find their natural weight and shape through “feel good” habits with a focus on Food, Fitness, and Fun! Based in Washington, D.C., Rebecca is founder of Capitol Nutrition Group, co-founder of Dietitians for Body Confidence and she is currently writing her first book on health and happiness.
You can see my interview below:
It’s always a struggle to feed your kids healthy AND delicious foods for breakfast. I was excited to interview Rebecca about SunGold Kiwifruit because she a mom just like me and knows how challenging life can be. Rebecca is a Registered Dietitian and she is teaming up with Zespri, the world leader in premium-quality kiwifruit, to share tips and recipes for healthy breakfasts, packed lunches and after-school snacks.
Here are some fun facts about SunGold KiwiFruit:
- Zespri SunGold packs a nutritious punch with 2 times more vitamin C than oranges, and as much potassium as a medium banana.
- It has as much fiber as a bowl of oatmeal.
- SunGold Kiwifruit is tropical and sweet- it tastes like a combination of mango and strawberries!
- It’s easy to eat- just cut it in half and scoop it out with a spoon.
- A serving of kiwifruit has fewer than 110 calories.
- Zespri® SunGold is always ready to eat when you buy it. AND it will keep in your refrigerator for 2 weeks!
- There is even an Organic SunGold KiwiFruit!
- For more information about Zespri KiwiFruit, visit them HERE.
When you make your kids breakfast in the morning, it’s important to make sure they get enough protein to keep them going until snack or lunch time. One question I asked Rebecca was which protein would pair the best with SunGold KiwiFruit. I was surprised to find that almost any protein goes well with SunGold KiwiFruit! String Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Yogurt and even Peanut Butter. In fact, when I told Victoria about making PB& J with Kiwifruit, she came up with this amazing Fruity Fluffernutter sandwich:
Rebecca showed us how to make this amazing Smoothie Bowl- the recipe is below.
Swap out your straw with a spoon by transforming your favorite smoothie into a complete meal with the simple addition of a few blend-in ingredients and toppings. This smoothie bowl features Zespri SunGold kiwifruit, with a beautiful yellow color like the sun!
It is bursting with tropical flavors and creates a thick, soft-serve-like bowl that can be enjoyed anytime—breakfast, snack or dessert.
Sunrise Smoothie Bowl
- 2 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit (one peeled and blended; one sliced into ¼” chunks for topping)
- 1 large banana – chopped, frozen
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds (the chia helps to thicken the mixture, like a pudding texture)
- 4 tablespoons granola
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut
- 2 tablespoons nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- Slice kiwifruit into halves and spoon the fruit out. Reserve one kiwifruit, chopped into ¼” chunks for topping
- Add 1 kiwifruit, banana, orange juice, yogurt, and chia seeds to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. (the mixture will be thick)
- Per serving bowl, place half the mixture at the bottom of the bowl, add 2 tablespoons granola, 1 tablespoon each of toasted coconut, nuts, and mint.
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days.
Check out MORE Recipes like this Fruit Kabob HERE.