Who wants some Chocolate Chip cheesecake? Our senior staff writer, Victoria is to blame for my recent cheesecake addiction. 🙂 When she posted White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake last year, that did it.
I’ve been doing Trim Healthy Mama (THM), which is a sugar-free life-style. It allows alternative sweeteners such as Pure Stevia and Truvia in place of refined sugar. I like it because you can still have dessert, just altered a bit. My intention was to go for a THM friendly Chocolate Chip Cheesecake so I could eat it guilt-free.
However, my two daughters who are not a fan of my new sugar-free life-style asked me to “split it in the middle”, so to speak. So this recipe is half sugar, half Truvia which is nice because the kids aren’t bouncing off the walls after eating it! You can swing it either way – all sugar or all Truvia because the measurements for sweetener will be exactly the same no matter which one you choose to use. 😉 It is delicious either way!
Feel free to add any other flavors to mix it up a bit – crushed oreos, cappuccino, fruit filling, the possibilities are endless!
Serves: 8-10 slices
- 1½ cup Graham Cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup of Truvia (or sugar if you prefer)
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 3 (8 oz) blocks of cream cheese
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar (I used ½ c of Truvia and ½ c of sugar)
- 2 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Mix Graham Cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, and cocoa together to form the crust into a nine inch Springform pan
- Bake crust for 10 minutes
- While baking, beat cream cheese until smooth
- Add sour cream and 1 cup of sugar, beat well
- Add Pure Vanilla and eggs, beat until smooth
- Toss chocolate chips with flour to coat (so they don't sink to the bottom)
- Mix in chocolate chips to batter
- Pour into crust and bake for one hour
- After one hour of baking, turn off the oven, leave in the oven for one more hour
- Remove from oven
- When completely cool, refrigerate overnight
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips and serve.