My boys both love tacos, nachos, taco pie, anything with taco meat and lots of cheese. We are making an effort to eat healthier so we are eating Taco Salads instead! Now instead of 80% meat and cheese, we eat 80% veggies and 20% meat and cheese. The best part about a Taco Salad is you can make it with any type of sauces or topping you want. You can add more veggies- tomatoes, peppers, onions, etc. Add guacamole, salsas of any type or even salad dressings.
What kind of toppings would you put on your salad? Do you like it spicy or mild like we do?
Serves: 4 salads
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet Cheesy taco seasoning
- ½ cup milk
- Salad greens
- taco sauce
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Nacho chips or Rolls
- Brown the ground beef and drain the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning and milk or water as instructed.
- Let simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Prepare salads with greens and your favorite toppings.
- Add Shredded cheese and taco meat.
- Top with sour cream, taco sauce, guacamole, salsa (and any other toppings you love on tacos) and crunchy nacho chips
- Serve and enjoy!