Calling all chocolate lovers! I know you’re thinking, “15 Minute Chocolate Lave Cake! What?” Yes, this delicious dessert only takes a few short minutes to prep and is ready to eat in 15 minutes! We attended a party recently where the hostess prepared this microwaved cake and now it has become one of our go to recipes. It’s great to pop in the microwave right before you sit down to eat dinner. By the time dinner is over, it’s ready for dessert! My daughter loves to make this recipe in our Tupperware Microwave Stack Cooker when company comes over. We haven’t had any complaints yet!
Ok ~ I know you’re ready for me to spill it! Here’s how it’s made. 🙂
Serves: 10 servings
- 1 box of Devil's Food cake mix (see ingredients on label needed to make the cake: eggs, oil, water)
- 1 container of milk chocolate icing
- ½ bag of chocolate chips/morsels *optional
- Microwave safe bowl with microwave safe lid - Tupperware Stack Cooker with Lid works perfectly.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add cake mix ingredients. (Follow instructions on cake mix label.)
- Mix well
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter
- Before cooking, scoop all chocolate icing onto the (top) middle of the cake batter.
- Icing will sink into the cake during cooking creating the "Lava"
- Place Tupperware Microwave Stack Cooker lid on and cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
WARNING: Use caution. Do not place a plastic seal/lid tightly fitted on to any microwave safe bowl while cooking in your microwave. You will need a microwave cooker (bowl and lid) for this recipe. If you are brave enough to try it with a plastic microwave safe lid, try at your own risk! You could lay/place the lid on top of your bowl so it fits loosely. However, it is highly possible that it will over flow while cooking and make a mess! That is why I recommend a microwave safe cooker. We don’t want any explosions in the microwave!