There are so many things you can do with your leftover Christmas turkey this year, but if you aren’t up for the challenge just yet, go ahead and freeze it for later. Don’t wait until it is too late!
(I think I could stare at these amazing pictures of leftover turkey all afternoon!
…I’m in a turkey coma just from looking at them! ~ V)
My family is mostly vegetarian but we do still have our weaknesses. Mine is turkey. I love leftover turkey sandwiches. Traditionally, I just want cold turkey, cheese, and mayo; nothing fancy. But this year, I discovered the “trash” sandwich and I’m kinda hooked! Turkey, mac ‘n cheese, dressing/stuffing, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce placed between two pieces of bread… Oh my! Heaven on bread! If you haven’t done it, live a little and give it a go before you dive into our Top 10!
- Turkey Pot Pie from Pink When
- Cream Cheese Turkey & Vegetable Soup from Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Turkey Stuffing Soup from Recipes, Food & Cooking
- Turkey Crescent Bites from The Kitchen is My Playground
- Double Dave’s Thanksgiving Pizza from CopyKat Recipes
- Cranberry Relish Crostini from Home Work
- Turkey Pesto Panini from I was Born to Cook
- Turkey Chowder from Bomb Shell Bling
- Turkey Salad Sliders from Dawn Monroe
- Cranberry and Pecan Turkey Panini with Bacon Spread from Home Cooking Memories
Our top ten has several leftover turkey recipes that I have never tried or considered before. Cream Cheese Turkey & Vegetable Soup is one of them. My first thought was “cream cheese… in soup?” Since I love cream cheese in everything, I’m game, especially after Sheena said how creamy it was! Yum!
Date night on a pizza! Put the kids to bed early tonight and enjoy the Double Dave’s Thanksgiving Pizza! CopyKat says it uses gravy instead of pizza sauce and has all the makings of a family favorite! Judging from the picture, I think she may be right!
If appetizers are on your mind for New Years, take a look at the Turkey Crescent Bites, Cranberry Relish Crostini, and Turkey Salad Sliders. They make great use of leftover turkey, no matter how much you have remaining!
Disclaimer: Victoria at Mom Does Reviews obtained permission to use the photos shown in this post. Never use blog photos without permission!