Last week I was fortunate enough to go on a fun trip to Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida for a Toyota press event. It was a great 2 days with beautiful weather and learning about the changes in the 2015 Toyota Camry, Yaris and Sienna. I can’t wait to share them with you! Today I am sharing about the Toyota Sienna!
The 2015 Toyota Sienna, the only van in it’s segment that is available in all-wheel drive, has several new features including:
- Upgraded Interior Styling
- More Expressive Exterior Styling
- Seven Standard Airbags
- Parent-Friendly Driver Easy Speak System
- Entune Multimedia Is Now Standard
- Blu-Ray Dual View Entertainment Center In Back Seat
Out of those features, my favorite is definitely the new Driver Easy Speak. Using a microphone in the Sienna’s voice-command multi-media system, this feature conveys your voice through the audio system’s rear speakers. That means no more raising your voice so everyone can hear you! How great is that?!
As far as exterior styling, the Sienna now has a more upscale look with a reviesed front grilled, slimmer headlights, LED daytime running lamps (standard for SE and Limited), as well as redesigned taillight clusters (all grades except SE).
There’s 142 additional spot welds, which leads a driving experience unexpected from a mini van. It has a 266-horsepower, 3.5-liter V6 with a six-speed automatic transmission. This combination is great for power for urban trekking or highway merging while using fuel efficiently.
As far as safety goes, there are even more in the 2015 Sienna. There’s an additional LATCH location for securing child seats available in the third row seat (a total of four locations now), as well as an increased side curtain airbag coverage area by 30% which helps improve protection in a collision. There’s now a front passenger seat cushion airbag to help enhance restraint performance during a collision and reduce impact forces.
The new Entune Multimedia brings the sound of music more conveniently with subscription-free App Suite on most grades. You can pair compatible smartphones with it to access popular mobile applications and data services. The upgraded Dual View Entertainment Center for rear seat entertainment has two viewable displays within a 16.4-inch widescreen image. New for 2015 is the capability for Blu-Ray, an HDMI input, and an SDXC card reader that can play 10 different video and audio formats. If you use it as a single screen, it can easily been seen from the third row and can be operated from any seat via remote control. This system always includes 2 wireless headphones.
As far as models go, there are five grades available. Here they are, along with some of their unique features:
- L – Halogen headlamps with auto on/off, black front grille, 17″ 5-spoke alloy wheels, dual sliding doors, in-glass AM/FM antenna, integrated backup camera, fabric-trimmed front seats, remote keyless entry system with lock, two-stage unlock and panic functions
- LE – (In addition or in place of L standard features) All-wheel-drive, color-keyed front grille with chrome surround and heated power outside mirrors, dual power sliding doors with jam protection, 17″ 5-spoke alloy wheels (FWD only) or 18″ 10-spoke machine-finish alloy wheels (AWD only), remote keyless entry also with power sliding side door functions, overhead console with maplights and dome lights, conversation mirror and sunglass storage, fixed center consolde with illuminated storage compartment, two front illuminated cup holders and two rear cupholders
- SE – (In addition or in place of L and LE standard features) Halogen headlights with smoked sport trim and auto on/off feature, integrated wide angle fog lights, sport mesh front grilled, dual sliding doors and power liftgate with jam protection, 19″ 6-spoke gunmetal-finished alloy wheels, perforated leather-trimmed and multi-stage heated front seats, sport-grade instrument cluster and gauges, 4.2″ color TFT Multi-Informational Display screen
- XLE – (In addition or in place of L, LE and SE standard features) All-wheel-drive, metallic front grille with chrome surround, 17″ 7-spoke machine finished alloy wheels, heated power outside mirrors with blind spot indicators, 7-passenger seating with removable leather-trimmed second-row lounge seat captain’s chairs with long-slide feature, Smart Key System on all doors
- Limited – (In addition or in place of L, LE, SE, and XLE standard features) All-wheel-drive, dual moonroof, 18″ 10-spoke machine-finished alloy wheels, Heated leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic steering wheel, Hige-grade instrument cluster, Rain sensing washer-linked variable intermitten windshield wipers