About the Pantech Vybe:
Stay connected to your world with the new Pantech Vybe, a simple and affordable quick messaging cell phone. The Vybe has a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard that provides fast access to your communication essentials – messaging, social media, camera, email, and more. Vybe has something for everyone: an easy to use and great first cell phone for kids, messaging and quick access to social media for teens and tweens, and an affordable rate plan which parents love. Finally, a mobile phone that listens to your family’s needs.
- Slide-out QWERTY Keyboard
- 3.2” Touchscreen Display and 3 Customizable Homescreens
- Quick Camera Button
- Social Media Shortcuts – Facebook and Twitter
- Say-A-Command Button
Smartphones are taken for granted these days. “All my friends have them!” is what my son whined at us for about a year before he got his own phone. He is a very responsible 11 year-old. My hubby has washed his cell phone at least 3 times (left it in a pocket). My son has never done that. He never lost or broken any of his electronic devices. So we relented and got him an iPhone C for Christmas. It was cheaper than an iPhone S and the iPod Touch that he already had. But, if I knew the Pantech Vybe was out there, I would have chosen it for his first phone. Why? It has all the features he needs without being overloaded with apps and data that he really doesn’t need.
My son is used to the iPhone ios system, not the android system. He has used my Kindle Fire and used to play on my Droid, but he had an iPod touch that he really loved. I wonder if apple will come out with a starter phone like the Vybe?
What we loved about the Vybe:
- The slide-out QWERTY keyboard is my favorite feature! My first smartphone was a Droid and I loved the slide-out keyboard. It took me a long time to get used to a touch screen.
- Great size- pocket sized and not too thick.
- Easy camera function. Perfect for beginners.
- You can add videos and images to your messages and emails.
- The home screen can be personalized. In fact, there 2 other home screens that kids can use to organize apps.
- The touch screen is larger than most and has bigger app buttons. It’s much easier to select icons.
- The Vybe has Dual-User mode: “Easy Mode has one home screen and a simplified menu for a truly intuitive user experience. Advanced Mode is customizable and offers more options and flexibility. You can safely switch back and forth between modes without losing your contacts or favorites. It’s that simple. No manuals required.”
- We all love the Say-a-Command button. My son and his friends can play with that function for hours.
- It has video player, music player and lots more entertainment features.
- The BEST feature: AT&T Drive Mode – Block incoming calls and texts when driving. I need that for my iPhone!
Suggestions for the Vybe:
- The Camera is only 3 megapixels. It also is not easy to zoom in.
Note: The Pantech Vybe utilizes AT&T service.
Overall, the Pantech Vybe is a great first phone for not only kids, but for new “smartphone” users. I think my Mother-in-law would love this phone!
Want to win your own Pantech Vybe? Go HERE to enter or click on the image below.