Did you know that you can use your wine/beverage center for more than just bottled beverages? Being a mom, blogger, MRI tech, Pet Resort owner and creative thinker, I came up with 5 other uses for a Wine Cooler. After all, that’s what we do best, adapt to new products and make them fit into our lives.
- Produce- We have a great garden that has taken off like wildfire. All those heads of Swiss Chard, Lettuce, Zucchini and summer squash take up way too much room in my fridge. The Wine Chiller is just right temperature for produce. You can even put apples, grapes, celery and more! Doing so will keep your fruits and veggies cool while allowing air to circulate around them, keeping them fresh and crisp as well.
- Chill salad bowls, mugs, or glasses– You don’t have to go to a fancy restaurant to get a salad served in a chilled bowl. The racks in the cooler are just the right size to chill salad bowls or plates. Make salads up ahead of time and keep them cool in your wine fridge. Have friends coming over that like to drink their beverages out of a chilled glass? Put them in the wine cooler a few hours before they arrive.
- Hard cheeses- iWine coolers are ideal for hard cheeses, such as asiago, blue and parmesan, as well as washed rind cheeses, such as muenster. These types of cheese do not require the colder temperatures of your regular refrigerator. In fact, they will stay fresh longer in 40 to 50 degree temps, which is probably an option with your wine refrigerator but not with your primary fridge, which should be set under 40 degrees Fahrenheit. (http://www.agrifoodforum.com/)
- Party Food– Hate waiting until the last minute to get your party platters ready? Plan ahead and store your veggies, meats, salads in the wine cooler until it’s party time.
- Reptile food- I know you’re thinking this one is crazy, but believe me, with over 50 reptiles at Camp Wags, we go through lots of insects and produce. Some worms that our Bearded Dragons eat need to be kept around 50 degrees F. Instead of trying to clog up our fridge with creepy crawlies, my hubby has taken over the wine cooler for his insects and greens that all the lizards eat. It really keeps everything fresher and lasting longer so we don’t waste even one little worm.
What other uses can you think of? Leave me a comment – get creative!
This eight-bottle capacity wine cellar is ideal for keeping a smaller set of red or white wines at an optimum temperature. This elegant black model with a curved door with smoked glass with silver door trim features an electronic temperature control with LED display and a double-pane insulated glass door for further protection from the outside environment. Four full-width chrome racks store your bottles in style while a thermoelectric cooling system provides a vibration-free environment. The compact design makes this model great for countertop use.
Haier Ambassadors Program with text Join the Haier program if you are interested in learning more about Haier products & exclusive offers & opportunities: Haier Ambassadors Program