GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” finds space adventurer Peter Quill the object of a bounty hunt after stealing an orb coveted by a treacherous villain, but when Quill discovers the power it holds, he must find a way to rally the quartet of ragtag rivals hot on his trail to save the universe.
- Website and Mobile site: marvel.com/guardians
- Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/guardiansofthegalaxy
- Follow us on Twitter: @GuardiansGalaxy
- Genre: Action-Adventure
- Rating: TBD
- U.S. Release date: August 1, 2014
- Cast: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, featuring Vin Diesel as
- Groot, Bradley Cooper as Rocket, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, with John C. Reilly, Glenn Close as Nova Prime Rael and Benicio Del Toro as The Collector
- Director: James Gunn
- Producer: Kevin Feige, p.g.a.
- Executive Producers: Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Jeremy Latcham, Alan Fine, Stan Lee
- Written by: James Gunn and Nicole Perlman
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team—the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits—Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Quill discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand—with the galaxy’s fate in the balance.