Discover the Goodness of Salba Chia Seeds!!
What is Salba Chia? Salba chia is the most nutrient dense form of Salvia hispanica L. (chia), and the richest whole food source of Omega-3 fatty acids and fiber found in nature.
Sure, you can sprinkle chia seeds on foods to boost your nutrition, but did you know they’re easy to bake with as well? Chia seeds can be used as replacements for foods within recipes, such as eggs and fats, because of their binding and thickening characteristics. For a recipe with texture, such as cookies, muffins or breads with nuts, seeds, etc., whole chia seeds work great, whereas ground chia seeds are great for cakes, brownies and other less-textured baked goods.
The possibilities are endless! Which is why we’re going to send you some samples of Salba Chia Whole Seeds and Salba Chia Premium Ground Seeds with a convenient Salba Smart measuring spoon, so you can try out new baking ideas! And just in time for colder weather! Check out the great recipe at the bottom!
Here are some of our favorites:
Our top 10 ways to use Salba Chia:
- Sprinkled on top of salads (think sesame seed)
- To make healthy pudding
- To thicken soup or gravy
- Mixed in oatmeal, yogurt or a smoothie
- To make homemade energy gel
- As a “breading” for baking chicken
- In a meatloaf!
- Chia seeds soaked in fruit juice as a topping for ice cream or cheesecake
- Baked in cookies, brownies or cake
- Soak chia seeds in milk and mix through hot oatmeal
Salba would love to offer 2 lucky readers a chance to try Salba Chia Seeds!!
2 lucky winners will get Salba Chia Whole Seed and Premium Ground bags to try out baking for themselves!
Enter on the easy rafflecopter below to win.
The giveaway is open to US only, 18+
The giveaway ends 10/13 at 1159p est
Here is a bonus giveaway: bake something with Salba Chia Seeds (cookies, cake, whatever!) and send me a photo to win a BIG prize pack: Salba Chia Whole Seed Bag, Premium Ground Seed Bag, Whole Seed BOOST Sleeve, Premium Ground BOOST Sleeve PLUS a Salba Smart t-shirt! email photo to [email protected]
Disclaimer: Participating bloggers were not compensated for this post. We are not associated with any of the companies named above. No purchase is necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning are based on the number of entries received Open to US, 18+ only. Confirmed Winner(s) (by Random.org) will be contacted by email. Winner(s) have 24 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. The sponsor(s) will be responsible for product shipment to winner(s) of this giveaway. My blog is not responsible for product shipment/delivery. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter, Google, Pinterest. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
- 1-1/2 each ripe bananas – mashed
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 tablespoons ground Salba
- The package calls for sugar as the sweetener, but I use 1/3 cup Agave Nectar Continue to follow directions for baking. These can be made as bread or individual muffins. Great served warm and topped with apple butter or homemade preserves
Check out Salba Chia on Pinterest for more recipes!