It’s a car review! You guessed it! I got to review this fun and sporty Kia Soul!
Since you can see the outside of the Kia Soul 2013 just by googling Kia Soul, I want to show you more of what we saw from the inside of the Soul, pun not intended.
Let me tell you some of my favorite features:
1. The back-up camera: It has to be the most fun safety feature in a Kia. Of course, the Soul is smaller/shorter than most cars, but I still use it just the same. When you put the car in reverse, the back up camera comes on the screen on the dashboard. It shows you exactly where you are going and even has green, yellow and red lines on the image to show you how close you can get to that thing you might be backing into.
2. Push-Button start with Smart Key: How many times do you find yourself scrambling to find the keys to your car in your purse, pockets or briefcases?? With the Smart Key, as long as you have the key somewhere on your person, you can unlock the door by pushing the button built into the driver’s side handle. Once again, when you go to start the car, no searching for your keys. Just put your foot on the brake, push the start button and you’re ready to go! I have to confess, after my Kia review period is over, I keep trying to unlock my VW with the non-existent button on the door handle.
3. The Audio Upgrade Package: Infinity® audio with center speaker, subwoofer, external amplifier, speaker lights: I can understand why the youngsters like their upgraded audio systems. What a different some extra speakers make. The speaker lights were fun! You can change the color according to your taste, mood or music choice. It’s up to you if you’re feeling blue!
4. Leather and Heated front seats: Living in New England, heated seats are so welcome! Getting into a cold car is bad enough, but if you don’t have heated seats, you never get warm. I even used them in late May/early June. It just takes the chill out of your bones on those chilly spring mornings. It also feels good on your back if you have back pain or muscle strains.
5: Large trunk/hatchback space: My son is very helpful during our review time. He sits in the front seat, back seat and even gets in the trunk space with our Border Collie. Some people do the golf club fit test, we do the boy and dog fit test. If I can fit my 10 year old and a 65 pound dog in the trunk space/hatchback, you know you can fit LOTS of groceries, or other things you might buy while you are out and about.
6. USB and Auxiliary input jacks: It’s never been easier to get your phones, ipods, mp3 players hooked into the sound system. The Soul has a USB port. How great it that. If I had kept the car for a month, I could have tried all our devices and seen what fun we could have gotten into. My son loved the input jacks. He got to play “his music” whenever he wanted.
7. It’s comfortable! Many vehicles I have driven are so big inside, you can’t even reach the stereo or air conditioning. The Kia Soul has everything in reach. Many features are on the steering wheel as well. Speaking of air conditioning, the Soul has automatic climate control. It takes all the guess work out of your heating and cooling needs.
8. It’s safe: Safety is very important when you are picking out a new car. The Kia Soul has Dual Front Airbags, Front seat-Mounted side airbags, Full-length side curtain airbags and anti-lock brakes. The brakes were put to the test on one occasion when I was driving it to work. Some crazy person stopped quick for a squirrel, the Kia Soul did too. I could feel the anti-lock brakes kick in. I did not test out the airbags. I trust the Governments 5-start safety ratings. The side crash rated 5 stars for the front seat and rear seat! the front crash and rollover scored 4 stars.
Here are all the other features in the Kia Soul 2013.
Try one today! It’s fun, cute and will keep you bouncing around to the music, just like the hamsters.(or at least thinking about it)