I was given this Ryobi Trimmer, free of charge, for review purposes. All opinions are 100% my own.
About the Trimmer:
Cordless and Electric. The Ryobi Hybrid Trimmer is the trimmer that never runs out of power.
This unique trimmer is the newest member of the ONE+™ 18V tool family; that means that it will work with any Ryobi 18V battery, and it includes an 18V Li-ion battery that will power any Ryobi 18V tool. The most unique thing about the Ryobi Hybrid is the dual power source. Aside from the battery, this trimmer is also electric – so you can use the battery OR an extension cord. This means you have unlimited power for jobs closer to home, and cordless mobility for jobs beyond. So whether you’re using the fade-free lithium battery or the electric port, this trimmer will never run out of power. On top of that, Ryobi backs this trimmer with convenient features like adjustable cut-width edger capability and an outstanding 3 year warranty.
My husband was VERY excited when my Hybrid Trimmer arrived. He was like a kid in a candy store. Once he opened it, put the battery in, he was off. I helped him take it out of the box so I could say I put it together with him. (Don’t laugh.) I couldn’t believe how lightweight it was. I loved the handle positions too. They seemed the perfect height for whatever job you were tackling. And if they aren’t, there is a telescoping handle so you can adjust them. How great is that! I have a bad back, so the rest of the Trimmer performance was tested by my husband. Here are the things he loved about the trimmer:
- It is very powerful for a cordless trimmer. He cut through some serious grass out of control.
- The battery is interchangeable with his other Ryobi 18V tools. So he can trim forever. If he is too tired to go in and get a fresh battery, he can plug it in to the outside outlet. He said the power is a little better when plugged in. But why hassle with a cord when you can go cordless?
- It is an edger too. Just by changing a setting on the shaft, it becomes a trimmer. Gotta love 2 products in one!
- It is SOOO quiet. Everyone loves a quietly trimming neighbor too! My son used to hate being around when he trimmed with the gas trimmer. Now, he not only doesn’t mind, he wants to try it next time. He’s only 10, when may wait another summer for that one.
- The automatic line feed worked great. It didn’t tangle or give any cause for cursing on my husband’s part.
- I highly recommend the Ryobi Hybrid 18V Trimmer to anyone who needs a new trimmer/edger that is lightweight, quiet and easy to use!
Disclosure: Mom Does Reviews receives free products for review purposes, and may sometimes be compensated for posts. All opinions expressed are solely from Mom Does Reviews. My opinions are my own and were not influenced by any form of compensation. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.