Mothers, both working and stay-at-home, have a knack for maintaining their houses. Not all women are naturally good at housekeeping, but motherhood teaches them how to manage their house. When you have a child, you can’t afford to have a messy house. In spite of feeling lethargic or lazy on a Sunday, a mom will ensure her house is squeaky clean and free of mess so that her children do not fall ill.
Motherhood makes a woman almost like a superwoman handling domestic, social, and professional chores all at once. In trying to accomplish all this, sometimes she feels inadequate or unable to quickly clean her house or organize the stuff. Motherhood makes a woman take on the roles of a nurturer and care-taker. She feels responsible for the health and wellness of her house and family.
Pointers for Quick Housecleaning:
- Toilet and Sinks: These are the areas with maximum microbial population. Make these your priority during housecleaning. Alcohol-based sanitizers and vinegar are the best cleansers. They disinfect these areas like no other. Never keep your sinks lying unattended with food plates for long. Make a point to clean the plates manually or using a dishwasher as soon as possible. If you don’t, you could be inviting a hell lot of diseases into your house. Kids have an underdeveloped immune system making them more prone to developing diseases.
- Doors, windows, and mirror surfaces: Target these as the second area of cleaning, and clean them thoroughly with a sponge or cloth dipped in sanitizer. Mirror surfaces are especially sensitive to dirt and grease, so clean them with a special mirror cleaning solution. If you have a display case in your living room, don’t forget to clean the glass.
- Vacuuming: Move your vacuum cleaner aggressively and quickly into every nook and corner of your house. Remember to clean bed sheets, pillow covers, carpets, and cupboards. These harbor a lot of microbes that could be hazardous to your health. Moreover, there could be presence of allergens in these that could pose damage to your children’s respiratory system.
- Involve Others: Don’t try to be a superwoman. Involve your kids in housecleaning activities. Ask them to pick up the mess, discard the garbage, and organize their rooms. By doing this, you will lighten up your burden and your kids will learn too. If you are a hyper-busy mom with professional responsibilities to dole out, then you may hire Hamptons cleaning services to help you tidy up your house.
- Set Fixed Targets: If you are planning to do this activity on a Sunday, don’t waste your whole day doing this. Set a target for finishing each activity like 15 minutes for toilet/sink cleaning, 10 minutes for surface cleaning, 30 minutes for vacuum cleaning, and 30 minutes for discarding the mess and organizing the house. This way you will not waste any time and won’t feel housecleaning activity as a burden. You can then use the rest of your day enjoying with your family or throwing a party at your house for friends.
Home watching: Many women are so possessive about their house that they become almost paranoid and insecure when they set out on a vacation. They think that someone might steal stuff, a storm would blow off the roof or break windows, or tanks might overflow flooding the house. These worries steal the pleasure of spending good times with your family while on a vacation. In order to free yourself from tensions, hire trustworthy and capable home watch services to take care of your house while you are away. These guys tend to your house like it were their own so that you can be rest assured that it is in safe hands. You can then enjoy your leisure times to the max.
By Evelyna Pariat