What is a Desk Pets: CarBot?
- Toy car that incorporates mobile applications to be fully controllable by iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, also compatible with Android phone
- Battle mode allows multiple players to battle via infrared and disable opponents car with fire and boost button
- Personality mode entertains crowds and the CarBot autonomously goes crazy drifting, speeding and spinning with lights and sounds
- Maze mode allows players to set up obstacles, while CarBot uses IR sensors to detect mazes and navigate around them with military precision
- Drift ‘n’ Race mode allows player to race car at full speed with or without added sound effects
- Retractable USB charger built into body of the product, 40 minutes of charge = 25 minutes of play
- Each color (orange, blue, red, and green) operates on own frequency, allowing for multi-player racing and battling
Available at: Toys R’ Us
This tiny toy car has given my son, husband and co-workers hours of fun. It is controlled by an app on iPhone or Android platforms. It has a smart phone adapter that plugs into your phone which communicates with the car’s frequency. The Car Bot has a built in USB plug for easy charging.
We received the yellow CarBot. After I downloaded the app from Google Play, I plugged in the adapter and handed it over to my 9 year old to figure out. He had it racing around the kitchen in no time. One of the best things about the CarBot is that they all run on different frequencies so you can have a few of them and race against each other.
I thought it was a little difficult to drive and figure out how to get it started. But, my son showed me how he did it and from then on, I have had nothing but fun with it. There are four play modes, including a battling mode! You can race and drift, you can even set up a maze and use maze mode. The CarBot has sensors that make is “smart” enough to avoid obstacles and make it through the maze in record time. How fun is that!
Because the car charges by USB port, there are never any batteries to replace. This keeps in line with Desk Pets environmentally friendly sources of energy. No batteries to dispose of. I would love to see a solar powered CarBot!
I have brought it to work for a little fun to break up the day. My co-workers are all jealous of my CarBot. I think the CaBot would be a perfect Christmas or Birthday Gift for that guy in your life that loves techie toys. I would recommend the Car Bot for kids age 5 to 95. The controls are simple to use and the fun appeals to everyone.