Most of us are looking for ways to get our kids to eat better these days. One of the biggest problems in America, and to some extent in other parts of the world, is obesity. Children everywhere are becoming terribly overweight as they snack constantly on goodies that do nothing but harm to them. So many companies today market specifically to little kids. They know that they can easily get young people addicted to some sort of junk food. Kids don’t think about their health and many of them do not know that eating certain things is bad for them. They don’t know that just another cheeseburger could mean serious problems for them down the line. How can you as a concerned parent fight these huge corporations to protect your children’s health? Obviously you cannot afford the time or the energy to try to change things legally, and companies do have the right to market their products.
The real solution to the problem is to introduce your kids to some snacks that are genuinely healthy.
You also need to find something that can be made quickly and easily. You need to find something that you do not need to make yourself and that your kids can make safely. But what food will kids like that is actually good for them? Can you get them past the fast food generation?
There are only a few things that I have found that my kids really love instead of hamburgers. The best stuff you can get them to eat is fruit. Fruit contains many of the vitamins and minerals that kids need and it does not have the types of saturated fats and preservatives in so much of our junk food. Here are five fruity snacks that kids love:
1. Exotic fruit mix. Cut up strawberries and kiwis.
Mix them together and put them into a bowl. You don’t need to add anything else to get kids to come. These fruits are already naturally so sweet that they will taste like candy. They are also so fresh that they provide a nice break from much of the processed and frozen food in the average diet.
2. Apples. You will be surprised to find that kids love apple slices. Sometimes if you give them a little cheese to eat with the apple bits you will find that they especially love it. Use either reds or greens and try different varieties. You will find that kids are less likely to eat sharp tasting fruits, such as crisp red delicious.
3. Oranges. These are great because they provide lots of minerals needed by growing young bodies. You will find that young people love a few little orange slices here and there. You can get them most of the citrus they need.
4. Pineapple. I recommend a bowl of pineapple now and then. This is partly because it is so unusual. Pineapple does not taste like anything else which is largely why kids like it.
5. Berries. Although not something you should probably allow your kids to eat too much of, berries can make for a great little hand held snack like candy.
These are just the sorts of snacks that your kids will start to expect to have when you introduce them to them. You will be surprised to see just how much they like having fruit. They will forget about all that nasty fast food fairly quickly. You will also see a general improvement in their health and weight. A few fruity snacks everyday definitely keeps the doctor away.
Visit BirthdayPartyCentral.com for more birthday party ideas, including a large selection of birthday games, birthday coloring pages, and birthday party supplies.