Top 6 Weekend Recipes For The Family
Summer is here and the living should be easy. This is especially true when it comes to mealtimes. To keep the weekends fun and relaxed, here are six easy recipes for fresh and tasty dishes that the whole family will love:
• Toss all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
• Add chopped red onions and other fresh vegetables if desired.
Smoked Salmon & Corn
This is one of the best ways to use a BBQ pit.
• Simply sprinkle seasonings on each salmon steak and wrap the steaks individually in tin foil.
• Then, sprinkle all the seasonings on the corn and wrap all loose corn together in a separate tin foil wrapper.
• Place on BBQ pit set to medium and cover lid.
• Allow to cook for twenty minutes. Check often to ensure fish does not burn.
Breaded Fried Chicken Fillets
• First dip each chicken fillet in egg and then coat it in bread crumbs.
• Place coated chicken fillets in hot oil and fry to a golden brown.
• Sprinkle fresh lemon juice over chicken if desired.
Fresh Strawberry Jam
Breakfast toast and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches are gourmet with this fresh jam.
• Simply pour frozen strawberries in a deep cooking pan and add sugar.
• Heat mixture to 225 Fahrenheit degrees and stir constantly.
• Allow to cool for a few minutes and store in a glass jar.
Country fresh Scrambled Eggs
• Whisk the eggs together until yolk and egg white are well blended.
• Add spinach, tomato and sausage to eggs.
• Melt butter in large pan.
• Add egg mix to greased pan and stir over medium heat for four to five minutes.
• Add cheese at the very last few seconds of cooking so that the cheese does not get lost in the mixture.
• Use the recipe above for strawberry jam.
• Scoop jam into an ice dish tray and fill ice slots to the top
• Stick toothpicks or popsicle sticks in the middle into the strawberries
• Freeze overnight and enjoy all weekend long!
About the Author
Sharon Dyer is a writer and the Outreach Director for the Morgan Law Firm, a firm that represents clients going through a divorce in Austin divorce firm. See additional articles on the firm’s Austin Divorce Blog.