Waiting for Mr. Right- what every teenage girl needs to know!
“Julia Duncan arrives at college with high hopes of finding a boyfriend. When she starts dating someone who seems to be Mr. Right, time reveals he is just the opposite, her romantic dream suddenly becoming a nightmare. As she and her friends deal with issues like unplanned pregnancies, abusive boyfriends, and being a true friend, Julia finds herself living a lie that takes her further and further from the person she wants to be. Watch how one nugget of truth saves her life and puts her back on track to experience God’s very best.” From Mr. Right Series page.
You can buy your own kindle version or paperback on Amazon.com
Review by Mom Does Reviews:
I was so excited and thankful to have the pleasure of reviewing Book 1 in the Mr. Right Series! Waiting for Mr. Right, by Barbara Precourt with Lisa Raftery, brought me back to my adolescent years, a very bumpy journey that led my far away from God. If I had read Waiting for Mr. Right in those troublesome teenage years, my life would have been totally different. Julia, the main character, leaves her Christian home for college and tries to fit in with a sorority. Julie had never dated, gone to dances or parties. Being raised in a Christian home, Julie did not test her faith, never disobeyed , and never fell in love. When Julie goes away to college, we follow her journey to find Mr. Right, but he turns out to be Mr. Wrong. We see Julia discover that her relationship with God needs to be her first love. That one little lie leads to so much trouble. Her parents help her, forgive her and support her as she realizes what really could have happened just from wanting to have a little fun. I highly recommend Waiting for Mr. Right to any and all girls, teens or women who want to make sure their Mr. Right doesn’t turn out to be Mr. Wrong.
What I loved about Waiting for Mr. Right:
- The story flows easily, is full of conflict and keeps you turning the pages.
- It has the most important message highlighted throughout the book: our need for a personal relationship with God. The epilogue lays out the plan of salvation.
- It deals with important issues that young girls need to be aware of: date rape, unplanned pregnancies, abusive boyfriends and how to be a true friend.
- I enjoyed the “Finding You” section at the end of the book. It describes each character’s attitudes and characteristics so you can decide who you identify with.
- All the books in the series come with a complete discussion guide (found on their website as a PDF file) These are perfect tools for youth groups, outreach programs or family devotions for teenage girls.
- Mr Right series blog is a great resource for Christian women of all ages. It even features “what the girls are saying” about their experience with Mr. Right (or Mr. Wrong.) Be sure to visit the blog and sign up for their daily emails.
I can’t say enough about Waiting for Mr. Right! It sure opened my eyes and made me look at my heart and my true love!
Be sure to Like Mr Right Series on Facebook and follow them on Twitter!
The Giveaway: update: 2 winners!
TWO lucky winners will receive their own paperback version of Waiting for Mr. Right, thanks to the generous donation of the authors!
Giveaway open to US only.
Giveaway ends 3/27 1201am.
Disclosure: I was given this book to review. I was not given any monetary compensation. All opinions are my own, regardless, I only recommend products that I believe will be good for my readers. ~Pam from Mom Does Reviews
a Rafflecopter giveaway