$15 Amazon Gift Card & Digital Mom Book:
Review & Giveaway EVENT!
I started blogging in March 2011 for a friend on mine, Allison Alexander, on her blog aMomKnowsBest.com. I wasn’t ready to start my own blog at that point, but I liked the idea of writing posts and contributing as a writer on her blog. Finally in August 2011 I decided to try out a blog of my own, MamaLuvsBooks. I finally felt more comfortable trying it out for myself, but I knew I had a lot to learn. I decided to go on Amazon and find books that would help me in the blogging world. I found a few that I ordered and they were so helpful. One of these books was, “The Digital Mom Handbook: How to Blog, Vlog, Tweet, and Facebook Your Way to a Dream Career at Home,” by Audrey McClelland and Colleen Padilla. I still use it as a reference ALL THE TIME even though I am 6 months into my own blog.
THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THE BOOK:
1. It is easy to read, understand, and follow.
2. There are personal stories to relate to with starting out as a blogger.
3. There are many tips about what to do and what NOT to do as a new blogger.
4. Helps guide you to get started in blogging and find your path/your “passion” as they call it.
5. Helps you learn how and where to find other bloggers and communities to help you grow your blog.
6. Shows you what other social media networks you need to get involved with to promote your blog and how to use them.
7. Gives you tips on how to start contacting companies to make money from your blog.