Homemade Candy Cane Cookies
Guest post by Alban
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 – 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Red food coloring
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar in another bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs into the butter and sugar mixture and when the eggs are combined add the vanilla and the lemon extract.
- Add the sifted flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture in small amounts until they are well combined and form a dough.
- Divide your dough in half and color one half with the red food coloring until you think the color is festive enough – start with just a few drops and see how you go.
- Form the red dough and the plain dough into small balls separately.
- Flour your bench top and your hands if you need to, and roll one red ball and one plain ball into a rope.
- Twist the two ropes together gently and form them into the shape of a candy cane.
- Place the cookie candy cane onto a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake your cookie candy canes for 8 – 10 minutes, or until they are just browned.
- Display cooled cookies in a bowl or hang them on your Christmas tree.
Alban is passionate about arts and crafst and is already starting his Christmas decorations. When he is not decorating, Alban writes reviews for personal loans