Want to try a new way to do a book report? Try the Book Report Cube.
First, find a great book that has fun characters and keeps your turning those pages. Then gather supplies and start creating.
Supplies you will need:
- Shoe box
- Construction or scrapbook paper
- Markers or crayons
After you read your book, you are ready to begin:
- Cut off the top of the shoe box (you will make one in step 3)
- Cover all 4 sides with construction paper, glue the paper on all side except the bottom
- Make a cover with construction paper. Don’t attach it yet.
- On the cover, neatly write the book Title and Author. Feel free to add some stickers, drawings, or doodles to liven it up
- On one side, write five new words that you learned in the book. Make sure you understand what they mean.
- On another side, write a few sentences about your favorite part of the book
- On the third side, draw your favorite character. What did you like about them? Make sure you can see that in your drawing.
- On the last side, draw your favorite scene from the book. Be sure to add emotions and actions with speech bubbles and more.
- Now it’s time to attach your cover to the box. Use tape and glue to make sure it stays.
- Have fun showing your class your book cube! Be ready to talk about what you did!
What other fun ways do your children do book reports? Feel free to share them with me.