a thought from Jen Miller
(Read part 1 here)
I shared in Part 1 how I’m striving to live in faith over fear, “getting it” from my head into my lifestyle and sharing it with others, and how I’ve had to ask “How?” How does one embrace within the ugly realities of this life “faith over fear?” I shared Truth 1: We can’t do it alone. We can’t embrace faith over fear by ourselves, alone. Ecclesiastes 4:12 “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”
Truth 2: Talk truth.
- that other human being in your life who is sharing Faith in God and His Word with you – together, and
- God your Father who says, “The truth will make you FREE.” (John 8:32)
Of course, there is another aspect of truth at work here, in addition to how and what you are fearing:
- God’s TRUTHS about how to deal with and respond to your fears to press through them and conquer them.
2. Self-talk truth. I’m better able to press through my fears (and often just knock ’em out with one swift punch) when I self-talk God’s truths.
- “GREATER is HE that is WITHIN ME than he that is within the world.” I John 4:4
- “With God ALL [ALL!] things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26)
- “I CAN do ALL [ALL!] things through Christ who gives STRENGTH.” Philippians 4:13
- “TRUST in the Lord with ALL [ALL!] your heart and do NOT depend on your own understanding [the way circumstances look to you through your human eyes]. In ALL [ALL] your ways acknowledge HIM [thank Him for who He is, the power and empowerment of His Spirit living within you, and ASK HIM for what you need, including courage and wisdom] and He WILL direct your path.” Proverbs 3:5-6
- “HE is able to do EXCEEDINGLY, ABUNDANTLY more than we could ask or imagine.” Ephesians 3:20 (Another plug for taking your fears to HIM and asking for what you need.)