Heavenly Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Stuffed Chicken with Squash and Zucchini
Are you tired of the same ole baked chicken week after week? I know I was! Baked chicken seems to NEVER turn out juicy for me… until now. This Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Stuffed Chicken dish is one of those “slap yo’ mama” kind of recipes! Yep, it’s that good! And pretty simple to make = WIN !
Get your pen and pad out, you’re going to want to get these ingredients, like, ASAP!
Six Chicken Breasts
One package of Bacon
3 Medium sized Squash
3 Medium sized Zucchini
EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
Salt & Pepper to taste
3/4 cup of cubed Ham
1 cup of shredded cheese
I started off by dicing my squash and zucchini into roughly one inch cubes. Salt and pepper to your taste preference.
Slice each chicken breast about 3/4 thru on the long side.
Stuff each chicken breast with ham and cheese.
Wrap 2-3 pieces of bacon around each chicken breast (depending on size of chicken breast).
Place in pan and surround with the squash and zucchini. I drizzled a liberal amount of EVOO on the entire pan at this point.
There’s one naked chicken breast in my pan… my little princess doesn’t like bacon … gasp! Not sure where she came from!!! She had a cheesy stuffed chicken breast instead, which was delish as well. I made it just like the others, minus the ham and bacon.
This is one recipe that the entire family raved about. As soon as my oldest sat down, he said, “MOM -Why have you never made this before?!?”. If you pair this with veggies, it’s actually not too bad on the waistline, just skip the baked potato. One of the things this mama loved the most (besides the insane deliciousness of it) is, it can easily be a one pot meal! Surround your Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Stuffed Chicken with veggies and you’ve got yourself a meal!
What’s your favorite one-pot meal?
Serves: 6 servings
- Six Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- One package of Bacon
- 3 Medium Squash
- 3 Medium Zucchini
- 1 tbls of Paprika
- EVOO to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¾ C of Cubed Ham
- 1 C shredded cheese
- Cube squash & zucchini (approx 1 inch)
- Slice each chicken breast about ¾ thru on the long side.
- Stuff each chicken breast with ham and cheese.
- Wrap 2-3 pieces of bacon around each chicken breast (depending on size of chicken breast).
- Place in pan and surround with the squash and zucchini. I drizzled a liberal amount of EVOO on the entire pan at this point.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Stir veggies and broil for 5-7 minutes (until bacon is desired cripsiness).
- Put on that napkin bib and dig in!