July is Pet Hydration Month!
Did you know that your pet needs one ounce of water per pound of body weight each day? This amount may increase based on the activity level of your pet or existing health conditions. Provide clean water at all times, and change it frequently to ensure freshness. Also, don’t forget to wash your pet’s bowl every day to prevent bacteria from forming. Bring extra water when you’re traveling or exercising with your pet.
Keep reading to find out more about pet hydration and the Drinkwell® Everflow Indoor/Outdoor Fountain!
Common symptoms of Dehydration include:
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Lack of energy
- Excessive and ongoing panting
- Loss of appetite
- Sunken, dry eyes
- Dry and sticky gums
- Loss of skin elasticity (when pulled or moved, the skin will not go back to its original place)
Proper hydration can help with things like:
- Preventing urinary tract infections and urinary disease. Unlike the food humans eat, dry dog and cat foods have very low moisture levels. If a pet doesn’t drink a lot of water from its bowl, consider adding water to their dry food or incorporating wet food into their diet. Cats with low water intake may experience urinary tract infections, or even urinary stones and crystals that can cause urethral obstruction.
- Aiding with energy levels and temperature regulation. Water helps pets convert fat to energy. If a pet drinks enough water throughout the day they will have the energy to play outside or go on a walk. Water intake also cools the body and helps them maintain a consistent and normal body temperature.
- Speeding recovery time from sickness or surgery. Drinking water can help promote healthy kidney function and flush toxins from their bodies. This is important after a bout of sickness or during the recovery process after a major surgery.
About PetSafe® Brand Products:
- PetSafe Brand pet fountains encourage pets to drink more water and offer a stylish alternative to traditional pet bowls.
- Fountains keep your pet healthy and hydrated with fresh, filtered, circulating water. hy· drate® Filtration systems add filtered water to your pet’s water bowl. Healthy Pet Water Station™ systems are perfect for owners who don’t want to refill the water bowl every day. Fountain filters and accessories are an excellent addition to Drinkwell® fountains and filtration systems.
My Thoughts about the Everflow Pet Fountain:
PetSafe Drinkwell Everflow Indoor/Outdoor Pet Fountain – Best for large dogs or dogs who tend to splash water, this fountain holds 1.5 gallons of water and can also be used outdoors by connecting it to a standard garden hose.
My Favorite Features:
- Fountain automatically refills when connected to a standard garden hose (when used outdoors)- takes the guess work out of when to refill the bowl!
- Built-in circulator improves aeration and helps filter trap more dirt and debris- dogs are messy, it’s true!
- Made with UV-resistant, high-impact polysterene for outdoor use- no need to worry about it getting ruined in the sun.
- Included hose quick coupler makes setup a snap- yes, even I was able to hook it up in a few minutes.
- Best for large dogs or dogs who tend to spill or splash water- don’t worry about messy drinkers- especially if you use your fountain outside!
- Activated carbon and foam filters provide dual filtration- dogs need clean water too!
- Holds 1.5 gallons of water- love the size!
Any time your pet is outside, whether it is for a few minutes or a full afternoon, always make sure that you they have plenty of share and water. That’s why we LOVE the Drinkwell Everflow Fountain! Our pups can play all they want and drink all they want while they are playing!
Be sure to follow PetSafe on social media:
PetSafe® Brand Facebook – Instagram – Twitter
We had added PetSafe Drinkwell Everflow Fountain to our MDR Summer Fun Event!