In 2015, Americans gave over $373 billion to charitable organizations, a 4.1 percent increase from 2014 (National Philanthropic Trust). As charitable giving continues to grow, readers are searching for reputable organizations to support. This year, I would like to encourage you to place your trust in the World Vision Gift Catalog.
World Vision is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice, and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
We pursue this mission through integrated, holistic commitment to:
- Transformational development that is community-based and sustainable, focused especially on the needs of children.
- Emergency relief that assists people afflicted by conflict or disaster.
- Promotion of justice that seeks to change unjust structures affecting the poor among whom we work.
- Partnerships with churches to contribute to spiritual and social transformation.
- Public awareness that leads to informed understanding, giving, involvement, and prayer.
- Witness to Jesus Christ by life, deed, word, and sign that encourages people to respond to the Gospel.
DID YOU KNOW?
Since 1996, the World Vision Gift Catalog has grown in popularity as a gift-giving alternative. Last year alone, more than 650,000 people were helped through funds generated by the Catalog. Want to see where your money goes?
About the Catalog:
- The 2016 Christmas season marks the 21st annual edition of the World Vision Gift Catalog!
- The gift Catalog started during the Christmas Season in 1996
- More than 100 meaningful gifts ranging in price from $16 to $39,000 are contained in the catalog.
- There are more than 250 items online at www.worldvisiongifts.org
- Popular Items include a goat, 2 chickens, clothing for children, ducks and medicine.
- In 2015, 84% of World Vision’s total operating expenses were used for programs that benefit children, families and communities in need.
Did you know that World Vision is the largest non-government provider of clean water in the developing world? Our donors from around the world helped us reach 2.37 million people with improved water access in 2015 alone!
How can you Order?
- To place an order, go online HERE or call 1-855-WV-GIFTS. Hard copies of the catalog are also available upon request.
- Donors can choose to have a card sent in honor of a loved one. Cards can also be printed or emailed from the website at any time to let an honoree know that something special has been done for them this Christmas
- Those who want to give a general donation can donate to Where Most Needed. Their donation is one time gift that will go towards needs that might otherwise go unmet.
- Those who want to give a tangible gift can choose one of our handcrafted Gifts. Donors who donate in this way can choose to receive a free gift along with their donation to Where Most Needed.
Be sure to enter to win the World Vision Gift Giveaway HERE! Hurry, it ends 10/11 at 1159p est!
Be sure to stay connection with World Vision Gift Catalog on social media:
We have added World Vision to our Christmas Gift Guide.