Being a review blogger, I hear all the time “How do I get into doing that?” … “I want to be a review blogger!” Well, here’s your chance! Mom Does Reviews is going to walk you through becoming a blogger, but first, you need a blog!
Everyone assumes that starting a blog begins with a free blog service, but it doesn’t. Beginning your blog using a free service will actually cause you more harm than good in the long run. Let me tell you three BIG reasons you don’t want to do this:
1) You have no guarantee of your service. A few years back several bloggers were complaining because their blog was lost or pulled without warning. Years of hard work vanished! For those who had a lot of blood sweat and tears poured into their blog, this was disastrous!
2) You don’t have control of your blog. Bloggers utilizing free blog hosting sites are required to follow the terms of service provided. Anytime a violation of TOS is considered by that company, you could lose your right to use their service. For example, you are not be permitted to accept payment for advertising beyond advertising benefits they offer. If you decide to sell sidebar advertising on your own, your service can terminated.
3) Moving is a hassle. I have several blogging friends who started their blogs without the intention of blogging for profit. After years of using free blog hosting services they had to move in order to continue to allow their blog business to grow. During the transfer, bloggers reported losing files/post and images; and end up with a formatting disaster that takes forever to correct. (Why do this to yourself if you don’t have to?)
How to Start Your Own Blog
Want to start a blog? Go HERE to sign up for iPage hosting- for as little as $1.99 a month!
iPage is Quick & Easy. No Experience Necessary.
- Unlimited Disk Space, Bandwidth & Email Addresses
- FREE Domain Registration
- FREE Security Suite
- FREE Site-Building Tools
- FREE Online Store
- FREE Search Engine & Marketing Credits
- GREEN! Powered by 100% wind energy
iPage allows you to do everything in one place in less than five minutes! Select your domain, pick out your hosting plan, and checkout – easy peasy! After your domain and hosting is setup, enjoy Easy WordPress Installation from iPage and get started blogging! Yes, It is that easy!